Friday, April 20, 2012

Nouveau Indie Author Buzz

It's official! I've joined the proud ranks of the Indie author. With the help of a great editor, illustrator and formatter, Book I of the Whirlwomen Trilogy was published without a hitch. At present it's available on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/153216. Early next week it will be available on Amazon, Barnes&Nobles, the iBook store and several other ebook outlets. As much as I'd like to kick back and relax for a few weeks, preferably on a Caribbean island, the work goes on. Now it's marketing time as well as time to go full throttle on Book II, Flicker, which I plan to publish in October. Don't want to keep readers waiting too long.
I've learned quite a bit on this journey. One, anyone can do it. I used to hate when people said that about writing a book, but that's the fact, Jack. The thing is, not everyone will do it because it takes a lot of time and effort and there is always the chance that no one will read it. The pay sucks, too.
But the payoff is tremendous. Especially if you have a passion for the written word and a good story. I do, which is why it's on to the next one. I'll share more about the experience and specifics such as what you should expect to spend, the benefits of a good editor and more in upcoming posts.
On a side note: My book is dedicated to my Mom who passed five years ago on April 28th. She was my biggest fan. She always said I could do it and read everything I sent her and gave me notes. She was a voracious reader who turned me on to the likes of Louis L'Amour (yup, westerns), Sidney Sheldon, C.S. Lewis and many more. Thanks Mom! You were right.

No comments:

Post a Comment