1. Watch a British comedy such as "Little Britain," or my recent discovery, "Idiot Abroad." The latter is a completely wacky, yet wonderfully visual, comedic interpretation of a bucket list--you know, those things you want to do before you die or before your latest work kills you.
2. Stare at the vegetables in your fridge and make up urban legends they tell while wilting in the vegetable bin such as this one little celery stalks tell: If you say "Bloody Mary" three times when the fridge opens you'll end up floating in a pool of beat to a pulp tomatoes and vodka."
3. Listen to some Bon Iver and try and figure out what the hell he's saying until you realize it doesn't matter.
4. Go for a run, a hike, a walk even if it's raining.
5. Take a nap especially if it's raining.
7. Post something on FB or Twitter about your UPCOMING date of publication.
8. Fantasize about working at the DMV.
9. Read something you wrote when you were 23, drunk, stoned or broken-hearted. Bonus points for all four.
10. Get back to the task at hand after proving some unsuspecting stalk of celery that the legend is true.